This weekend I was motivated by a person of the prompts in our February Creative imagination Undertaking manual, correctly named Friendship and centered close to really like, kindness, and connection. The prompt is a easy invitation with watercolors and pastels, and the choices are countless.
These hearts are channeling a tiny Jim Dine, who explored relationships of colour, texture and composition as a result of the heart shape.
Supplies for Watercolor and Pastel Valentines:
~ Watercolor paper (I inventory 90lb 18 X 24 paper that I can slice down when needed)
~ Watercolors (any form will operate, I utilised acryla-guache paints that are in tubes but you can use normal palette watercolors)
~ Paint brush and glass of h2o
How to make Watercolor and Pastel Valentines:
1. Minimize your paper down if you require to. I had significant sheets that I calculated out and tore working with a massive ruler. My remaining dimension is about 4 X 5 inches.
2. Sketch a coronary heart on each card with a pencil.
3. Paint your hearts. I performed close to with making use of colors in the very same family members (blue/environmentally friendly, pink/purple, purple/orang) and also contrasting shades (yellow/purple, red/green).
4. When they are dry (you may possibly have to have to bend them to flatten, they can curl when drying) use chalk pastels on leading to emphasize and brighten sections of the coronary heart and background. I preferred applying highlights and then darker shades to make the hearts really feel 3-dimentional.
This watercolor + chalk pastel principle can be even far more open-finished for more youthful little ones. Just set out bigger paper with the watercolors and enable them paint whatsoever they opt for. Then deliver out the chalk pastels when dry and enable them investigate incorporating additional coloration on major.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this publish? Right here are far more homemade Valentine thoughts: