July 16, 2024

Tahitiflowers

Art Can't Be Beat

This I Know | The Magic of Watercolor Painting

3 min read
This I Know | The Magic of Watercolor Painting

Share:

Soon after quite a few many years painting in watercolor, celebrated artist Chien Chung-Wei has learned a factor or two about how to make the most of this magical medium. Consider his statements on beauty, artistry and approach and infuse your very own painting exercise with renewed energy—and do so with the heart of an explorer for, as Chung-Wei tells us, “Watercolor favors the adventurer!”    

On Watercolor …

“How to tactic those people unpredicted modifications that inevitably take place in the system of watercolor painting? Permit me quotation the learn Sheng-Yen: ‘Accept it, deal with it, and enable go of it.’”

“Watercolor portray is entertaining simply because it’s hard!”

The Pet Going for walks Down The Actions (watercolor on paper, 141/2×103/5)

On Beauty …

When the Streetlights Go On (watercolor on paper, 141/2×103/5)

“The means to find out natural beauty is determined by your aesthetic cultivation far more than by cameras and sketchbooks, and your capacity to build magnificence is made a decision by your simple portray expertise, not the unique brush you hold in your hand.”

“What motivates you and me to create artwork? The solution is splendor! To find out, pursue and generate magnificence, observe your coronary heart.”

“Create natural beauty from your everyday life. Glimpse critically at common things and common landscapes to uncover splendor. There, you’ll also locate creativeness.”


On Technique …

“I really do not care much about what my topic is, or what I see in a picture, I simply strive to discover and reinforce the intrigue of the varieties I notice. This is the most fascinating and significant portion of painting.”

“In buy to emphasize the electrical power of information, and to make them significant and precious, the depiction of specifics will have to be centered on a properly-constructed feeling of total wholeness.”

“Use the minimum depth to create optimum power. The premise is that only when the essential specifics are developed upon a powerful composition can they develop astonishing results.”

Verona Sector (watercolor on paper, 141/2×103/5)
Dancing Like Butterflies

“Use simplified shapes of color to suggest the most difficult details.”

“The history of a painting—the color tones, shapes and texture—usually determines 80 p.c of the environment and temper in the image.”

“Only immediately after you set up the construction of a portray can you enjoy maneuvering the brushstrokes with unconstrained freedom.”


On Failure & Good results …

“Why does a painting fall short? Lack of talent or familiarity with the medium is probably only 10 percent. The other 90 % effects from not knowing what you want to present.”

 

“I’m only improved at watercolor than my pupils for the reason that I have messed up more watercolor papers.”

Shantou in The Rain (watercolor on paper, 291/2×22)

Meet up with the Artist

Taiwanese artist Chien Chung-Wei was born in 1968. He acquired a Masters diploma in Great Art at the National Taiwan Ordinary College. Over the yrs, he has gained lots of awards in international competitions and has the dinstinction of getting to be the very first artist from Taiwan to get paid Signature Membership and a Dolphin Fellowship with the American Watercolor Society. He teaches watercolor in Taiwan and also features instructional watercolor workshops throughout the world. Comply with the artist on social media at facebook.com/hibariprince and on Instagram @chien_chung_wei.

Share:

Leave a Reply

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.